Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Award Presentation

05 March 2010

A poster for the award at school was all I needed, two essays, family trees, photos and a bulky presentation later I found out I had won.

I was presented the award at my school, Albany Senior High, in front of teachers, students, the Consul-General of Turkey, Nejat Kavvas, Minister of Veterans Affairs, Judith Collins, National vice President of the RNZRSA, Barry Clark and the Marketing and Communications Director of AFS, New Zealand, Tony Calvert.

Judith Collins started the assembly by presenting me my award I then thanked her with a very nervously delivered speech. After the assembly 3 News interviewed me and took some photos while Albany Senior High School put on an afternoon tea for the guests.

My first official meeting with my sponsors, AFS and RNZRSA, a fabulous day and an opportunity for me to personally thank them for their generosity. It will be a trip of a life time!!!!

Click the links below to photos and TV3 interviews of the day:


No comments:

Post a Comment