Monday, March 29, 2010


Walking by the seaside with my friends on Saturday.


And again.


Making dolmas with my mother.


The last two days have been freezing cold again, it's been raining and really windy but I still had a fun weekend. On Saturday I went to my friends house, we watched movies and went for a walk by the seaside it was stunning. On Sunday the weather was really horrible so we decided to stay at home and do some cooking.

I am looking forward to this week as there are two Australians who will be coming to my school. They are on five week exchange to Canakkale for Anzac Day, hopefully we will be doing some touring around the city together.

I have been learning how to cook some traditional Turkish dishes, my mother has taught me how to make dolmas and a variety of turkish pastas all of which are absolutely divine. Tomorrow she is taking me to a place where you can watch and learn how to make baklava, I can't wait baklava is my favorite Turkish desert although it is hard to decide they are all so delicious.

This weekend, if the weather is fine my family will be taking me to a place called Assos. It is a small fishing village about an hour out of Canakkale. It is also known as an ancient teaching centre, Assos was home to Aristotle who founded a school of philosophy. The pictures my mother has shown me of Assos are stunning I can't wait to see it for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment