Friday, May 13, 2011

Goodbye

So I have been back in New Zealand for a couple of weeks and I've been very busy so I've only just got the chance to write about my last couple of days in Turkey. The day before I left some boys from AFS took me around Istanbul to see the sites. We went to Topkapı Palace, the palace where the Sultan of Turkey used to live. It is a huge and it took us a couple of hours to walk around the whole palace. We also went around İstiklal Avenue/ İstiklâl Caddesi which is a big, famous street in Taksim Square. I also tried Turkish ice cream which is really nice.


Topkapı Palace




The boys and I around Istanbul
&
İstiklâl Caddesi





It was sad leaving Mira, Selim and Ebru. I had a wonderful time staying with them. I am definitely going back to Turkey one day to see them again and I hope that they will come to New Zealand so I can show them our beautiful country .




The other weekend Anday came down to stay with us. This was my first time meeting her. She was fun to hang out with. We went op-shopping, both hoping to find a ball dress and we also went to the Zoo and to Mount Vic lookout. It was nice being able to show someone around my city for a change.



Anday, my mum and I at Mount Vic lookout

No comments:

Post a Comment