Saturday, April 10, 2010

The last few days have been so much fun. On Thursday a teacher from school took the four of us foreign girls and one of the Australians host sisters to the Gallipoli Peninsular where we had a guide take us round and show us some stunning sights. At lunch time we all tried Turkish coffee for the first time, I couldn't finish mine it was a bit bitter for my liking. After returning back to Canakkale we all decided to do a bit of shopping so we went to the local mall, we tried some new and interesting Turkish food which was just as delicious as everything else I have tried. Beside the mall they have six trampolines set up probably meant for little kids but we really wanted to have a go so after waiting our turn we finally got a go, who new that five foreign girls and one Turkish girl could draw so much attention to themselves.

Yesterday after school we went to the market which is held every Friday, it has everything from clothes and shoes to vegetables, fish and cheese. We all bought some traditional Turkish scarfs, bracelets and some funny little hand made slippers.

This morning my mother took me out for breakfast with her friends it was all very posh as one of her friends is the president of Canakkale's wife. There also happened to be a reporter and photographer there reporting another event going on next to us. One of my mothers friends decided to introduce me to them and tell them why I was in Canakkale they then decided to leave the interview they were doing to come interview me it was all very amusing. They said I would be in the local newspaper tomorrow. This afternoon my friends and I did some more shopping, eating and couldn't resist another go on the trampolines we then relaxed by the seaside to watch the amazing sunset behind Gallipoli.

Another fantastic week has almost come to an end, only two weeks to go now and I rally want to stay longer I am having such an amazing experience and have made so many great new friends leaving them is going to be hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment