Monday, April 5, 2010

Troy, Assos, Kucukkuyu and Yesilyurt

Half way there already- time has gone so fast, I am in my fourth week of school which has been going really well I think I got excellence in English class not so to sure about the others though. Today was the first day of school for the Australian girls Danni and Shelby, the presedent of Canakkale also came for a celebration of all the foreign students attending our school at the moment. We were each presented with two badges, one of the Turkish flag and the other was a school one. Over the next few weeks I will be touring around Canakkale and other towns with Danni, Shelby and Amber (the American Girl) we will be visiting places like Gallipoli, Troy and Assos as the others haven't been there yet.

Yesterday my family took me to Troy, Assos, Kucukkuyu and Yesilyurt they are all stunning places I loved them all. Troy was so amazing the ruins of the old cities that used to be there are beautiful, Assos also has some old ruins of an ancient temple as well as a stunning seaside with restaurants and hotels along it. When we got to Kucukkuyu it was time for lunch so we sat at a seafood restaurant on the waterfront and had the most divine fish, squid and prawns. Yesilyurt is a small village not far from Kucukkuyu there are no apartments only pretty little stone houses and few shops and craft stalls. On our way home we saw the most stunning sunset behind Gallipoli, the sky was bright orange and pink colors the photo just doesn't do it justice.

Don't think I have told you about my drive to school each morning. Road rules in Turkey pretty much don't seem exist so it makes travel very interesting. To get to school I have to go from one side of a seven road intersection to the other, dodging people and cars - you honestly see your life flash before your eyes!!!

I'm looking forward to the next few weeks traveling around Turkey seeing more of the spectacular sights.




The sunset on our drive home


Me in Yesilyurt


Yesilyurt Village


A lighthouse in Kucukkuyu


The walkway along the waterfont in Kucukkuyu


The waterfront in Assos


The temple remains in Assos


Me in Assos


The remains of Troy


An ancient theater in Troy


The different levels of the city Troy


Me and my brother in the horse of Troy

No comments:

Post a Comment